Peer Group Support Meetings
CBS holds parental support meetings at our base on Gelliwastad Road on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month during term-time between 10-12pm. These face-to-face meetings are at the roots of CBS and are imperative to the parents supported.
All are welcome. It’s free of charge.
Our experience is that these group support meetings offer a crucial sharing experience for parents under stress. It brings parents together to receive advice, support and information relevant to the family, as well as providing parents a safe place to vent, form friendships and to offer mutual encouragement. These regular meetings develop a sense of belonging in a world that often unfairly stigmatizes parents of children with additional needs.
- 1st Thursday of the month:
- Features a different expert speaker each month
- SNAP Cymru representative attending, offering 1:1 educational advice for parents during the meeting
- 3rd Thursday of the month
- During the meeting parents can take up holistic therapies sessions in a private room upstairs, delivered by specialists to support parental physical and mental wellbeing including: Indian Head Massage & Reflexology.
All dates are subject to change pending Covid 19 guidelines