The programme is intended to provide adults and children with the understanding, skills and ability to lead emotionally healthy lives, build resilience, empathy, self-esteem and support positive relationships and to inspire positive changes.
The 10-week Nurturing Programme is effective in universal settings and is also used by practitioners to deliver targeted support as part of specialist interventions such as: working with parents in prison, and parents whose children have special needs
- On average 8 out of 10 parents attending groups report significant improvements in their children’s behaviour and family life.
- A significant reduction in conduct problems and hyperactivity
- The programme is highly effective in improving mental health outcomes for both children and their parents
- A reduction in the proportion of children with clinical levels of difficulties
- Increase in levels of self-efficacy in 8 dimensions of parenting: emotion and affection, play and enjoyment, empathy and understanding, control, discipline and boundary setting, pressures of parenting, self-acceptance and learning and knowledge
- Parent Group Leaders report an improvement in children’s behaviour and emotional and mental health; more parents entering education, training and employment; and a reduction in the number of children subject to safeguarding plans.
- Departure Point
- Building Blocks: The Four Constructs
- The Question of Discipline
- Time Out to Calm Down
- Family Rules
- Rewards and Penalties
- Personal Power
- Choices and Consequences
- Feelings…and What We Do With Them
- Communicating Clearly: Using I Statements
- Kinds of Touch
- Nurturing Ourselves
- Ages and Stages in Children’s Development
- Helping Children Grow Up
- Helping Children Stay Safe
- Issues Around Sex
- Time to Play
- Behaviour to Ignore
- Problem solving and Negotiating
- Continuing the Family Journey
Please note we are not doing sessions in person at the moment, due to the coronavirus situation. Our training programmes are now delivered online via Zoom, so come and join us!
Upcoming dates for 2021:
Date: Every Tuesday from 5th October – 14th December 2021 (excluding half term)
Time: 11:00am – 1:30pm
To be held at 33 Gelliwastad Road, Pontypridd, CF37 2BN*
If you think this programme could be beneficial to you, please apply below and we will phone or email you to discuss further arrangements.
*Subject to changeApply now